top Hash Rate Distribution
|◼||F2Pool||~ 516 GH/s|
|◼||BW.com||~ 326 GH/s|
|◼||yihaochi.com||~ 316 GH/s|
|◼||LTC1BTC||~ 206 GH/s|
|◼||LitecoinPool.org||~ 100 GH/s|
|◼||GHash.io||~ 48 GH/s|
|◼||Give Me Coins||~ 26 GH/s|
|◼||Coinotron||~ 19 GH/s|
|◼||TBDice.org||~ 16 GH/s|
|◼||WeMineLTC||~ 13 GH/s|
|◼||P2Pool||~ 13 GH/s|
|◼||LiteGuardian||~ 10 GH/s|
|◼||Unknown||~ 3 GH/s|
|Total||~ 1,612 GH/s|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How precise is this data?
- Hash rate estimates are based on the rate at which blocks are solved, so the precision is relatively low. Errors of a few GH/s should be regarded as normal. (Standard deviation for the total hash rate estimate above: 72 GH/s.)
- Isn’t there a more precise way to tell the speed of known pools?
- We could use the data provided by the pools themselves, but there would be no way to verify its correctness. Moreover, not all pools provide this kind of data.
- Why does the time frame vary?
- In order to make the precision constant, we base our statistics on a fixed number of blocks. The amount of time it takes to find these blocks is not fixed, but can vary significantly depending on the total network hash rate.
- How much of the hashing power is currently doing merged mining?
- About 1589 GH/s, or 98.6% of the network.
Many people don’t know about the different types of mining pools out there. Multi-pools allow for mining multiple currencies based on profitability, some only focus on promising new coins, and some only focus on one particular coin as their whole purpose. Not only are there different mining pool types to choose from, but the payout methods are different, with PPLNS, PROP, and PPS being the most popular.
This mining guide will clue you in on what pools are available to you, and what payout methods they use.